What are you doing on Sunday, September 3rd? You may not have to go to work the next day (Labor Day) which makes it a perfect time to click your heels together and have fun sampling 15+ tacos, salsa pairings, taste tequila cocktails and beer, vote for your favorites. Check out below what is on the menu.
Fundraiser for SAACA (Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance) and Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona – tacos, tequila, beer, live music and much more!
Tickets $55 pre-sale | $65 day-of-event
Tickets include libation, and menu samplings from over 50 local professional and emerging restaurants and chefs, with custom salsa and tequila cocktails in over 20 categories. In addition, attendees can enjoy beer and menu samplings.
21+ Purchase your tickets in advance to ensure availability. Event usually sells out! at La Encantada Shopping Center
All tickets include samplings of signature salsa recipes, tequila cocktails, tacos, Mexican beer, live music on multiple stages, AND the most fun you will have all year!
6:30 PM – 7:30 PM Mariachi Estrellas de Tucson
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM Orquesta Salsarengue
8:30 PM – 9:00 PM Awards Ceremony
9:00 PM – 10:00 PM Orquesta Salsarengue
WHO and WHAT you can taste:
Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain – Chef Alejandro Mancilla
▪ Turquesa’s Signature Salsa – Turquesa’s Latin Inspired Southern Arizona’s Salsa
▪ Loaded Churro Tots – cinnamon sugar churro tots, dark chocolate ancho chile cream, strawberry cilantro salsa, white chocolate ganache
The Lodge at Ventana Canyon – Chef Issa Moussa
▪ Salsa Especial made with Tomato, Smoked Peppers, Cilantro, Onion, Lime
▪ Carlos’ Sangria – merlot, tequila, orange juice, pineapple, fresh lime, fresh lemon and simple syrup
▪ Ventana Chocolate Milk made with 1921 creme liquer, dulche de leche, abuelita, soy based cream, powdered sugar
▪ Dessert Taco crafted with Cinnamon Sugar Buñuelos, Dulce de leche marshmallow, Mexican chocolate, Home-made salted caramel ice cream
Estrella Jalisco – Hensley Beverage Company
▪ Sampling Estrella Jalisco, a new Mexican style beer
Click Café – Chef Armando Duarte
▪ Flavor City a unique Mesquite Charred Salsa and Salsa Frijol, a flavorful bean salsa
Calle Tepa – Chef Jose Cubillas
▪ Roasted Jalapeno salsa made with a unique blend of roasted tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and mangos
Garlic Habanero salsa comprised of roasted habaneros and garlic.
▪ Prickly Pear Perfect Margarita, an in house prickly pear infused tequila, cucumber infused tequila, agave nectar, fresh lime juice and triple sec
Chile Verde Taco with cubed tender pork cooked in tomatillo salsa verde
GRINGO Grill + Cantina – Chef Andy Ceron
▪ Mesquite Smoked Plum salsa infused with mesquite smoke plum, roasted onion & chiles. Served with a Blood Orange Paloma made with blood orange puree, soda, water, and tequila.
▪ Smoked Salmon Taco prepared with smoke cured salmon with peach chutney
Popped Artisan Popcorn – Diana Klawitter-Gillihan
▪ Mole Caramel, Sonoran Caramel, Green Chile artisan popcorn
Queen Ceviche – Chef Feliz Zaborsky
▪ Queen Ceviche’s signature La Reina Margarita
▪ Fire Roasted Salsa Roja Quemada salsa expertly crafted from fresh & flavorful ingredients, blend of tomatoes, onions, peppers
▪ Fire Roasted Salsa Verde Tatemada a blend of green tomatoes, onions & spices
Tubac Olive Oil
▪ Crazy Habanero gourmet salsa is made from the fresh exotic fresh chiles from around the world and made from fresh tomatoes onions and aromatic fresh spices.
Applewood Creek Farms
▪ Lavender Lemonade
Four Peaks Brewery
▪ Four select beer samplings
Angie’s Gourmet To Go – Chef Angie
▪ Smoky Mesquite Roasted Tomatillo Salsa with a subtle smoky flavor
Omni Tucson National – Chef Jonathan Stutzman
▪ Smoked Jalapeno Salsa and a Hot Fruit Pico salsa made with muddled fruits and roasted spices with blistered tomatoes.
▪ Cabeza Jamon Iberico Taco made with prime beef & Iberico with smoked jalapeno salsa paired with a Cherry Tequila Raspado
Rigo’s Restaurant – Chef Oscar Gastelum
▪ Salsa Borracha or “drunk salsa” featuring roasted chiles & tomatoes with a hint of tequila and a traditional Salsa Antigua a hot salsa with dried chiles and olive oil.
▪ Mr. Taco filled with carne asada garnished with lime, cilantro, radish and cucumber
▪ Marimbas cocktail made with Clamato, Tequila, Lime juice and beer
▪ Mangoyadas with Mango Margaritas with chamoy and tajin
▪ Modelo Especial ▪ Modelo Negra ▪ Corona Light
Roger Clyne’s Mexican Moonshine Tequila
▪ Roger Clyne’s Mexican Moonshine Tequilas paired bites of fresh mango, cheese, and chocolate
Three Wells Distilling – Mixologist Matthew Montgomery
▪ Salty Agave an Agave Silver Cocktail
▪ Rebellion Pina cocktail featuring Agave Reposado
3 Amigos Tequila – Mixologist Ralph Gonzalez
▪ Ramona’s Café a unique drink made with Cold Brew Coffee and Ramona’s Reserve Tequila
▪ Cucumber Jicama Margarita with fresh Lime, lemon, cucumber, jicama sweetened with agave nectar highlighting 2 Amigos Blanco
Sierra Nevada Brewery
▪ Various select brews
Epazote Kitchen and Cocktails- Chef Josh Willett
▪ Otton’s Orange Habanero salsa comprised of oranges, habanero, mint, leeks, cilantro.
▪ Puesto Del Sol made with Patron Silver Tequila, Aperol, and simple syrup.
▪ Lamb Barbecoa Taco with Lamb braised in Southwestern Chilis and Spices
Reforma Modern Mexican, Mezcal + Tequila – Chef Jimmy Belden
▪ Reforma Salsa de la Casa made with traditional Roma tomato salsa with chiltepe and serrano chile
▪ Salsa Roja de Michoacan featuring Roma tomato with garlic and arbol chile
▪ Blood Orange Margarita Sauza Blue, Blood Orange Puree and Reforma’s house Margarita Mix
Embajador Tequila – Mixologist Brandon Cancino
▪ Embajador Tequila Supreme a double-barrel aged Anjeo tequila with a unique flavor that is Silky smooth, with a hint of smoke with notes of butterscotch, maple and coffee
SpunLight Cotton Candy – Kate Keelen & Nick Breckenfeld
▪ Organic Lime Cotton Candy
▪ Habanero Cotton Candy
The Living Room – Chef Peter Matthews
▪ Tangy Tomatillo Salsa made with Fire roasted tomatillo and poblano pepper salsa
▪ Mini chilaquiles with shredded chicken In salsa verde
Pure Love Juice Bar – Chef Marisol Casal
▪ Jicama and veggies (Vegan) and one of a kind Wellness shots
Oskar Blues- Tim Matthews
▪ Various beer samplings
Nothing Bundt Cakes – Chef Tessa Miller
▪ Various flavors of bundt cakes
▪ Barrio Blonde ▪ Barrio Rojo ▪ Barrio Citrazona IPA
Brush Fire BBQ – Chef Greystone LaPoint
▪ Serving both Red and Green salsas
▪ Mixed tequila cocktails paired with Brush Fire Paco’s tacos
Highwire Lounge – Mixologist John Hardin
▪ Unique Tequila Balloon Shot
▪ Tequila Infused Oxygen Old Smokey Margarita
Santiago’s – Chef Rob Page
▪ Santiago’s Salsa Brava (Spicy) -Fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, de arbol and jalapeno chile and select spices.
▪ Short Rib Taco – Braised and seared short rib, roasted corn, cilantro lime cabbage, pico de gallo and ancho sauce.
▪ Seabass Taco
Elvira’s Cocina Tequila Vino – Chef Ruben Monroy
▪ Elvira’s Signature Salsa – Tomato, Jalepeno, Red Thai Chile, Soy, Lime, Sea Salt, Red Onion, Cilantro, Toasted Sesame Seed
▪ Salsa de Cacahuate y Chile de Arbol – Roasted Onion, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Black Sesame seeds. Chile de Arbol, Peanuts
▪ Vic’s Margarita – Grilled Sesame, Orgeat, Pineapple, Guajillo Syrup, Joe Cuervo Tradicional Tequila, Lime, Cointreau
▪ Duck Confit Taco – Duck Confit, Corn Tortilla, Pickled Red Onions, Pineapple Pico de Gallo, Blueberry Mole, Cilantro.
Fini’s Landing – Chef Ben Hoffman Chef Garett Button
▪ Blue Pine Hatch salsa made with Blueberries, Pineapple, Hatch Chilies
▪ Blue Pine Hatchet! – Blueberry-pineapple and Hatch infused Tequila blended into traditional margarita
Tucson Tamale Company – Chef Todd Martin
▪ Traditional salsa
▪ El Pastor Tacos
Tequila Factory – Chef Ralph Felix
▪ Del Sol Borracha Salsa – Charred Tomatoes, Chiltepin Chile, Green Chile, Tequila
▪ Fire & Ice -Peaches, Pineapple, Grapes, Jalapeno Sorbet
▪ The Doc’s Swagger – Azunia Reposado tequila, spiced champagne honey syrup, peach brandy, lemon, mint, black pepper foam
Crossroads Restaurant – Chef Aracely Gonzalez
▪ Guacamole Salsa- Fresh avocados mixed with jalapeño peppers.
▪ Chipotle Salsa – Roasted chipotle peppers with grilled onions and fresh pineapples.
▪ Sonoran Sunrise – 100% Sonoran traditional Bacanora mixed with orange juice and a splash of grenadine.
▪ Azteca Tacos – Deep fried tacos with savory smashed potatoes with traditional carne seca and cheese. Topped with lettuce and cheese. Mexican Rice and refried beans.
Salzona Salsa – Chef Andrea Toledo-Leyva & Chef Mickey Martinez
▪ Salzona Original – Our “Original” Salsa is a time-honored family, homemade salsa that blends savory, organic ingredients native to Arizona and Mexico
▪ Salzona Salsa (Spicy) – For Salsa lovers who crave a robust, organic salsa with some heat, this blend will release your inner Salzona!
Angie’s Kick Ass Salsa – Chef Michael Charron
Hot Salsa a farm fresh traditional salsa with over 20 ingredients
Saffron Indian Bistro – Chef Harjeet Singh
▪ Chicken Tikka Masala and Vegetable Biryani