Getting on a jet plane and flying halfway around the world is so not fun anymore. If you won’t be flying to a foreign destination – no worries – here in Tucson you can eat like a globe trotter at Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails Around the Globe Culinary Tour in celebration of our UNESCO City of Gastronomy designation.
Here’s the schedule. Along with each destination is a pop up dinner at The Carriage House (just east of DK&C) where guests can opt to learn how to cook specific dishes (demo class) and then sit down and chow down.
- Dénia, Spain – May 30 – July 17 – Class and Dinner – June 16
- Florianópolis, Brazil – July 18 – August 21 –Class and Dinner – July 21
- Shunde, China – August 22 – October 2 – Class and Dinner – August 18
- Zahlé, Lebanon – October 3 – November 13 -Class and Dinner September 29
The first, showcasing the food of Dénia, Spain, will happen on Friday, June 16 at 6pm. Guests will learn about the culinary history of Dénia and enjoy a full dinner featuring a variety of dishes offered on the tour. The evening includes the demonstration class, recipes, followed by hors d’oeuvres, a five -course dinner and beverages. Cost is $80 per person plus tax and gratuity. Reservations can be made at carriagehousetucson.com .
Can’t get out of town? Kingfisher features its summer Road Trip menu starting in the Southwest from May 26 – June 13. Chipotle Crab Cakes, avocado crema, nopalito salad, anyone? And that’s just one of the appetizer options. The remaining schedule is:
- Pacific Northwest, June 14-June 29
- Great Plains/Midwest, July 13-July 24
- Back East, July 25-August 3
- California/Hawaii, August 4-August 16
- Down South, August 17-September 3
Kingfisher will be closed for vacation from June 30 thru July 12, and will reopen at 5 pm on July 13.
Road Trip punch cards are available. Buy 5 Road Trip entrees and receive the 6th entrée free.