I love the idea of this book. It’s summer. I’m lazy. It’s too hot to cook too complicated fare. I like the idea that I can create something delicious with only four ingredients.
Of course, knowing me I will always add some spices or hot sauce or salsa but you don’t have to.
The book has more than 150 recipes broken down to different categories:
- Hot off the Grill—healthy ways to cook everything from fish to veggies to steaks
- Lunch on the Run—quick & easy meals to pack up and eat on the go
- Weeknight Standbys—dinner on the table with a minimal amount of fuss
- Just for Kids—establish healthy eating habits with quick, nutritious recipes (some with only three ingredients)
There are two recipes to a page with a paired color photo and each recipe has a tip. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Do try this at home:
Pork filet & pancetta kebabs – (pictured) 4 servings
8 6-inch stalks fresh rosemary
1 1/14 pounds pork filet cut into 1/2-inch pieces
8 thin slices pancetta; halved (about 4 oz)
1 large red pepper cut into 24 pieces
1. Remove leaves from bottom two-thirds of each rosemary stalk; reserve 2 T leaves, chop finely. Sharpen trimmed ends of stalks to a fine point.
2. Wrap each piece of pork in one slice of pancetta; thread with peppers alternately on the stalks.
3. Spray kebabs with oil spray; cook in heated grill pan or barbecue until cooked.
Prep & cook time, approx. 30 min.
As I peruse the cookbook, several pages jump out a me — smoked brie/trout/cranberry salad, roasted portebella mushrooms with ricotta; crab spaghetti in a bag, duck with caramelized apples…and more.
While the concept is simple with 4 ingredients, the recipes are sophisticated but approachable. Check it out!