I loved this book. While small in size and not taking up a lot of space on your bookshelf, Poptails is user-friendly and oh, so, clever with 60 boozy recipes and 20 mouthwatering photos.
Admit it, sometimes you rather suck on popsicles or some frozen confection than sip a cocktail especially during these scorching summer days and nights. Erin Nichols, the author, is such a clever woman to develop this concept of frozen cocktails on a stick. Ms. Nichols will show you how to freeze alcohol. It’s easy.
Forget the jello shots and impress your friends with frozen cocktails on a stick!
Recipe: Sweet Manhattan Poptail
1½ cup prepared bourbon, preferably Maker’s Mark
½ cup prepared sweet vermouth
¼ cup cherry juice from the maraschino jar
6 dashes Angostura bitters
4 or 6 maraschino cherries (1 for each pop), stems removed
1. Prepare and chill the bourbon and vermouth of your choice.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the bourbon, vermouth, cherry juice, and bitters.
3. Place a single cherry in each ice pop mold.
4. Carefully divide the bourbon mixture equally among your ice pop molds. Do not fill the molds to the top. Leave a small amount of space to allow for expansion when the liquid freezes.
5. Top with ice pop sticks or reusable ice pop tops with attached sticks. Let the pops freeze for at least 24 hours.
6. Unmold the pops. (see page 16 for tips)
You can order the book from Amazon or visit your favorite bookstore.