To many people, summer may not happen until June but here in Arizona, specifically Phoenix and Tucson, it’s already summer but at least in Tucson it mercifully has not hit 100-degrees yet.
Summer in the city to us Tucsonans who don’t have the luxury of leaving to cooler climes means that most restaurants and even resorts have deals. It almost makes staying here worth it.
Here’s the first of Tucson restaurants summer deals:
Kingfisher Bar & Grill: From May 28 until Labor Day, Kingfisher will bring back the Summer Road Trip menu—an array of offerings highlighting specialties from around the country available for two weeks each.
Bluefin: From Memorial Day through September, Bluefin will have the “Summer Lobsterfeast” available featuring a pound of Maine lobster with drawn butter, steamed rice and sautéed vegetables for $20.10.
Harvest: Harvest will be offering Family Day every Sunday—adults eat for $15 and kids eat for $5 from a select menu.
Harvest: Harvest will also offer a summer prix-fixe menu with specials and items from the upcoming summer menu. $40 for couples/ $24 for individuals (blogger’s note: once again singles or solo diners are discriminated against).
Harvest: Harvest will offer a Burger & Pint for $10 every Wednesday.
Zona 78: Zona 78 will have 3-courses for $25 from a select menu.
Sauce: Sauce will continue the very popular summer promotion of years past—2 glasses of wine, 2 salads and 1 pizza for $20.
AZUL: Friday Night LIVE, every Friday through September from 6:30 to 8:30 pm guests can enjoy live acoustic guitar music on the terrace. Azul is located in the Westin La Paloma Resort.
Hacienda del Sol:
• Burger & Pint $12…every Monday…May 24-Aug 30
• Mixology Class…6 pm…$25/pp May 24 & Aug 5th & Sept 20 (always includes complimentary sparkling water, 3 cocktails paired w/ 3 small plates)
• HDS Flight School…Every Tuesday from May 25-Aug 31… from 5:30-7 pm $10/pp (guest will receive 3 1.5oz pours or can use the $10 toward a bottle of wine purchase) Themes will always be different.
• Ladies Night…Every Thursday from May 25-Aug 31…all day & night 1/2 price Margaritas & Martinis (blogger’s note: is this gender discrimination? Probably not, since women traditionally earn less than men for same job.)
• Dueling Pianos…Every Thursday from May 25-Aug 31…in the lounge from 7 to-10 pm.
• Champagne & Caviar…$45/pp…6pm…June 1 & Aug 9 & Sept 28…3 caviars are paired w/ 3 champagnes (cover the history, varieties of caviar)
• Explore the Gardens of HDS…2nd Sat of every month (June-Sept) Enjoy lunch from Chefs Brandon Hamm & Evan Philips $35/pp includes lunch…lunch served on the patio…Saturdays…11 a.m.l
• Micro Brew/Artisan Beer Tasting…$25/pp…6 pm…June 15 & Aug 23…3 beers paired w/ 3 small pairings
• Italian Food & Wine Pairing (June 21) / French Food & Wine Pairing (June 29)…$35/pp…6 pm (3 wines paired w/ 3 plates)
• Vodka Pairing…hosted by Andrew…6 pm…$25/pp…July 12 & Aug 31 (3 vodkas paired w/ TBD)
• World of Chocolate…hosted by Tavel…6 pm…$25/pp…July 20 & Sept 14 (history, origin, cocoa types, percentages, etc…pairings TBD) possibly start w/ milkshakes
• Full Moon BBQ Madness…6 pm…$35/pp…July 26…Pool side event similar to Zin, Blues, BBQ (live music, tap beers, bbq fare)
• Cocktails & Canapes…6 pm…June 7 & Aug 17
• HDS Cellar Wine List…Every Sunday & Wednesday…Sommelier selection wine list 50% off
Please send your Phoenix and Tucson summer deals to firstname.lastname@example.org