I love decorating easter eggs every year. Even though I am in college, I still coming home for a nice dinner and spending time with my family.
Easter egg decoration kits are always fun, and cheap. You can buy a kit to make all the eggs for a couple bucks, and a dozen eggs is only a dollar or two.
So, once you get all the eggs. Here are some cool tips the boxes might not include.
1. Draw with a white crayon on the egg before you dip it in the dye. This will allow the colored part of the egg to not be dyed, and will make cool patterns.
2. Use a small paint brush or toothbrush to make speckled eggs. This is very easy to do, but can make a big mess if you are not careful.
3. Put stickers on the eggs before they are dipped in dye. This will allow part of the egg o not be dyed and will make shapes without a lot of hassle.
There are many more decorating tips out there, but these are some of my favorite I do each year
Also, after the eggs are done being decorated, you already have the hard boiled eggs to make deviled eggs. My favorite 🙂
Related articles by Zemanta
- How Not To Decorate Easter Eggs (betterinbulk.net)
- Egg Dyeing (thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com)
- Vintage Easter Egg Decorating (craftzine.com)