The snow is finally starting to clear up and warmer weather is coming! I am so excited for the warm weather, and with the nice weather comes GRILLING.
SO it is now safe to bring the grills out and cook for your family. I know it is not ideal yet as compared to the summer, but take them out and celebrate the changing season. 🙂
So since everyone is going to be getting out their grills soon, here is a great recipe for grilled shrimp. I love seafood, and some grilled shrimp with vegetables on top a bed of rice sounds ideal right now.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.