I went to garden club again last night and, as always, the ladies outdid themselves on the food. No, that is not all we do. We actually had a very nice program on “How to Bring in Your Plants for Overwintering”. Not only did I come home with two geranium cuttings for my window sill but this Cranberry Cookie Recipe that was a hit. It is a cake-like cookie with a light orange-glazed icing. A real crowd pleaser. They served them in a Longaberger basket with festive Autumn-themed paper napkins lining the container.
(Makes 3 dozen cookies)
- 1/2 c butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 c. chopped cranberries
Orange Glaze (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Add the pecans and cranberries.
- Place tablespoon-sized mounds on a buttered cookie sheet. Space 2 inches apart
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 – 12 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove to a rack to complete cooling
- If desired, ice cookies with the orange glaze. Store in tin.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Recipe: Cranberry Upside Down Cake (seattletimes.nwsource.com)