Thanks to Red Lobster for sharing these recipes with Circle of Food.
Peppercorn Crusted Salmon with Wasabi Soy Drizzle
Peppercorn dusted Atlantic salmon served over wild rice and asparagus, topped with soy-wasabi reduction
24 oz (4 ea 6oz portions) fresh salmon
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp sea or kosher salt
2 Tbsp pure olive oil or canola oil
2 Cups prepared wild rice
4 portions cleaned asparagus spears (fresh)
2 Tbsp wasabi soy drizzle
1. Prepare your favorite version or variety of wild rice, and hold warm for service.
2. Add oil to heavy bottom pan over medium high heat.
3. Dust top of salmon with a mix of the peppercorns and salt.
4. Place salmon, pepper side down in hot oil. Cook approximately 2 minutes then flip to other side.
5. Cook salmon another 3 minutes.
6. Place asparagus in pan with Salmon, and allow both to cook another 3-4 minutes depending on thickness of salmon.
7. Place rice on plate, top with asparagus, then salmon.
8. Drizzle with wasabi soy.
Wasabi soy glaze
1 C low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp reconstituted wasabi powder or wasabi paste
1 TBSP dry sherry (optional)
1 TBSP sugar
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp water
1. Combine soy, wasabi, sherry, and sugar. Place on stove on medium high heat, do not boil.
2. Combine water and corn starch, mix to a paste or slurry.
3. Bring soy mixture to a simmer, allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add corn starch mixture and stir constantly for 1 minute.
5. Serve sauce at room temperature, store refrigerated.
Shrimp, scallops and mussels tossed in yellow rice with fresh tomatoes and seasonings.
2 Tbsp olive oil
8-10 each medium shrimp
6-8 each sea scallops
1 dozen mussels
¼ Cup small diced onions
¼ Cup small diced green peppers
½ Cup diced fresh tomatoes
1 cup white wine
2 Cups prepared yellow rice
1. In heavy bottom large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. When oil is hot add shrimp, scallops and mussels. Stir constantly.
3. After 1 minute, add pepper and onion. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and white wine, reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer.
5. Once seafood is fully cooked and mussels are open, gently stir in prepared yellow rice, stir gently and reduce heat.
6. Serve paella in large dish family style with toasted bread.