There’s a new restaurant in downtown Tucson called Burger City. It’s where art meets burgers.
While not a totally imaginative name, Burger City has some terrific attributes:
1) It opened downtown. Downtown has not been very friendly to its businesses as of late what with the challenging construction;
2) It opened in ArtFare, a non-profit space on Sixth Avenue that spans from Pennington to Congress Street;
3) The chef and manager have cooked around town in some delicious places like NoRTH in the upscale La Encantada Shopping Center;
4) They are giving back to the community by supporting the arts; and
5) There’s a pickle bar. I love pickles!
From personal experience, I believe that cities (especially urban downtowns) should cherish their artists and cultivate them. Artists bring a sense of creativity and energy to an area. With artists, com cafes and art galleries and one-of-a-kind shopping districts and builds community through projects.
What a wonderful place downtown Tucson could be.