Originally uploaded by ?babybee
This is what my coffee cup looked like a few days ago when our Mr. Coffee coffee pot died. It served us well and we got it at a good price years ago, but there were some things that we did not like about it and I welcomed the opportunity to shop for a replacement.
We always check Consumer Reports before we make a new purchase and the top rated coffee pot is Cuisinart.
We had a little trouble finding it because other people must have read the same review. You can buy the same highly rated model that we got, the Cuisinart DCC-1200 12-Cup Brew Central Coffeemaker here without having to drive around town to find it.
It looks great on our kitchen shelf with our other stainless steel appliances, but it comes in other colors as well.
The feature I especially like is that you can control the heat of the coffee with its variable temperature control. I like mine really hot, and with our old Mr. Coffee, I always had to put it into the microwave, especially after I added my skim milk from the fridge.
Other features are;
- Charcoal water filter helps produce great tasting coffee by removing impurities
- Indicator light signals when its time to clean your coffeemaker
- Custom heat control adjusts the heater plate to one of three settings to control the after brewing
- Brew Pause feature lets you pour a cup of coffee before brewing has finished
- 1-4 cup setting allows you to brew only a cup or two without altering the flavor of the brew