Originally uploaded by Child of the 60’s
Well, I’ve been saying that I’ve wanted a bread machine for a while and I finally got one two weeks ago. It is call “Breadman” and is a convection bread machine that has the extra features to handle 100% whole wheat and gluten breads.
Since then I have baked 5 loaves of various sizes (1 lb, 1.5 lb, and 2 lb) and various recipes (100% whole wheat, white, cinnamon raisin, honey banana) and they have all have turned out great.
Watch this slideshow of my first load of bread.
The exact model I got was the Breadman TR2500BC Ultimate Plus 2-Pound Stainless-Steel Convection Breadmaker. Its features include:
- Programmable bread machine bakes 1, 1-1/2, and 2-pound horizontal loaves
- Convection bake function for crisper crust; 300+ pre-programmed recipes
- Cake batter; jam; pizza, bagel, and pasta dough; gluten free and low carb
- Fruit, nut, and herb “add-in” dispenser; 24-hour delay-bake timer
- Measures 9-1/2 by 15-1/4 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
I know I am probably the last person on the planet to have a bread machine. My brother said that the trend came and went 10 years ago, but you know — I was not on that train. I didn’t need it then but I do now. With the scare of not knowing what is put into your foods these days, even from the large reputable companies who buy their products from China, this is one way I can be more in control of what goes into my body — both from a safety and health perspective.
You can purchase this bread machine online now.